CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF LINGUISTS – CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Institute wishes to appoint a Chief Executive to succeed John Hammond, who has been Chief Executive since 2005 and has announced his resignation from the end of this year.
The Chartered Institute of Linguists is the largest professional association for linguists in the UK,
serving the interests of more than 6,000 members worldwide. Its associated charity, the IoL Educational Trust is a recognised awarding organisation.
The Institute is actively involved in language issues at both a national and international level and is committed to promoting the learning and use of modern languages, improving the status of professional linguists and ensuring professional standards amongst language practitioners.
The Institute seeks an exceptional individual to lead its current programme of change and to ensure it delivers on its professional, educational and financial aims. The CEO is responsible for the operations and management of the Institute and the ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
· Experience at a senior level within professional and/or membership bodies
· Excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate and inspire others
· Experience in implementing major changes and delivering effective solutions
· Ability to think strategically and to identify opportunities for growth and development
· Ability to champion and promote the work of the Institute across a wide spectrum of stakeholders, nationally and internationally
· Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others
· A commitment to languages and cultural diversity
For further information and a full role profile click here .
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter detailing how you fulfil the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to CIoL c/o PARN, 16 Great George Street, Bristol BS1 5RH.
Closing date for applications: 1st October 2010